Wednesday, April 13, 2016

A Different Kind of Firecracker


An Oklahoma State onsie, a Certified Angus Beef bib and a pair of cowboy boot patterned socks: That is absolutely as far as we’ve gotten.
Seriously.

Since I’m in the third trimester and Momma continues to ask if we’ve considered buying a crib, we thought now might be the time to share with you the best news we’ve ever had:

Our first child is expected 
to shake up life as we know it 
on the 4th of July.



Cue Shooter Jennings:

Kinda destined to be a firecracker: Double bred crazy.

A lot of names float across my mind as I write this, this morning:

Bob and Barbara Jean
Larry and Melva Jean
Paul and Marie
Ralph and Martha Jean
And after them come Chris and Sharee, Phil and Linda
We have just a little bit of pressure to raise a great American, much like their grand parents and great-grandparents.
A well-grounded, cattle-committed, rooted-in-faith, humble-and-kind, kid.
I hope you’ll help us.

No, we’re not asking for a babysitter before they even hit the ground (figuratively speaking). We’re asking that you help keep this child on track at the 2031 Junior Nationals and you’ll encourage them just a bit if you ever notice they’re having a bad day.
It takes a tribe to raise a good kid and you’re part of our tribe.
We promise to do the same for you.

I’ve absolutely loved being pregnant, though I’m not clueless to the fact that the tough part lies ahead. Ask me again in June when I can’t see my boots and the Dollar General is out of mint chocolate chip ice cream.
Side Note to the Losantville Dollar General Customers: You’ll leave the entire stock of mint chocolate chip ice-cream in the freezer case if you know what’s good for you. And Cody.

We’re almost done with our childbirth classes and that experience has produced weeks of blog-worthy stories. Just wait. I didn’t realize just how awkward Cody could get in certain situations until we sat him in a room full of 8-months-pregnant strangers and exercise balls. 

There are so many things I want to share with you about the hopes we have for this child. In fact, much of the six years of content inside this blog is reflective of things I knew I wanted to pass on, but wasn’t sure if I ever would. The news of an Independence Day baby has greatly changed my perspective.
And my sleep schedule. There have been Tuesday nights when I’ve fallen asleep mid-keystroke and never finished  five sentences of a weekly blog. Now you know why.


We’re often asked when the gender reveal party will be. 
We've approached parenthood - and enjoyed it - like it's 1995. Leaving it off Facebook allowed us to tell folks when we saw them and share that moment of excitement. There are no neck hugs on Facebook. And I really like neck hugs. 
Secondly, this is a baby, not a movie premier.
Thirdly, the party will be at the hospital. On the day of the birth. 
But please, don’t show up. 
Unless, of course, you're thinking of bringing a gift:



We could guess the gender now, but we would only have a 50% chance of being right. 
I think I better wrap this up; I'm getting hungry (shocker).

Thanks for sharing in our joy with us - 
We couldn't be happier. 

 

12 comments:

  1. Congratulations! So happy for you! I'll miss your blog in July-August unless you are better woman than I :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm going to try very hard to continue to blog throughout maternity leave...wish me luck.

      Delete
  2. So excited for the Bowman Sankey families!!! Lyndsay you will be an amazing mom! Much love to all! Elizabeth (Taylor)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! We are over the moon happy :) On to the next chapter!

      Delete
    2. And let me tell you, I CANNOT WAIT for the baby blogs :-)

      Delete
  3. Congratulations a million times!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I held you when you were just a few weeks old. Maybe I'll be lucky and get to hold your little one too. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And how I wish I knew who this was!

      Delete
  5. Congratulations!!! Now you need to add a Harrys bib to that child's wardrobe. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kelsey! I completely agree :) We need more black and gold to counterbalance all the orange :)

      Delete
  6. Huge congratulations! Having a baby is the hardest and best thing you will ever do. <3 Many prayers for a happy and healthy little one and mom!

    ReplyDelete