Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Wordless Wednesday: Never Grow Up

On Memorial Day, my quite extensive (seriously - Dad was one of 12 kids) Bowman family got together for our annual breakfast. This is a heck of a deal. The breakfast is cooked over open flame and serves dozens of people, spanning generations. Many thanks to Brian who married into the family and faces the fire and hot cast iron skillets annually; I went to his wedding - open flames in 80 degree weather was NOT in the vows. 

Not only were babies there for the first time...

Happy Harrison!

there were also four-year-olds that I thought may have straggled over from another reunion on the opposite side of the park. Turns out, we were related. Sorry, kid, I didn’t mean to make you cry. Your dad, my first cousin, graduated high school the same year I was born - how was I to know? To make up for those tears, I’ll give you twenty-five bucks if I’m invited to your high school graduation party in 2027 - but that’s only if you can remember my name. 


Good luck. 

Of course I took my camera, and followed around a crazy little blonde girl I adore so much: My niece Marlee. 

Consider today Jean’s second-ever “Wordless Wednesday” - And special thanks to my fantastic brother-in-law Scott who helped me capture these moments!





















This is where things got interesting...Marlee and Cousin both wanted to ride the whale...



Minor break down...



So, Marlee decides to be interested in ants on the whale....



And she gets Cousin off the whale and excited about ants, too!



Then Cousin forgets about whale and Marlee celebrates!



Dirty work is done...



Whale time!



Future so bright...It's Scary!





To you, everything's funny
You got nothing to regret
I'd give all I have, honey
If you could stay like that

Oh, darling, don't you ever grow up, don't you ever grow up
Just stay this little
Oh, darling, don't you ever grow up, don't you ever grow up
It could stay this simple

I won't let nobody hurt you
Won't let no one break your heart
No, no one will desert you
Just try to never grow up, never grow up



No comments:

Post a Comment