Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Robbed at CVS

I was robbed at a CVS last night. 

Yep. 
Plain daylight. 
5:57 PM. 
Walked right into the deal. 
No one even noticed. 
The gal even told me to "have a good night"-




As soon as I entered the store I realized I had forgotten every coupon that has been snail mailed and emailed to me in the last month. I put two coupons in my purse just last Thursday. I switched purses for the wedding on Saturday...Same ol' story. 

Fact: CVS coupons only appear in your wallet exactly two days after they expire. 

Already feeling a bit sorry for myself, I went on to browse the clearance section. I found a weird blue nail polish that had approximately five days of life left before drying up and some brown shoe laces marked 90% off. I took them both. Never know when you'll meet a troll. 

I'm a sucker for a good sale, and there were yellow sale signs everywhere - from corn chips to envelopes. To get my head in the right place, I had to do a bit of a recap: 

On my list:

1. Face wash
2. birthday card
3. Nail polish remover
4. Alka-seltzer Plus

The problem with a list like that: You have to walk the entire store to find the things you need. Including past the coupon machine that prints all of your potential savings right there in front of you. I don't mean to brag, but my CVS coupon list yesterday was something like two miles long. 

I had work to do. 

Twenty-three minutes later and my CVS basket had graduated from my two bare hands into one of those stupid mini-carts. 

I don't want to sound like a super shopper, but about a month ago I saved something like $4.90 on the coupons I used for denture cream, diapers, solar yard lights, expired Juicy Fruit and a AAA battery. While we're on the subject, how in the heck can I use a single AAA battery?

What should have been a quick trip to CVS turned out to be a 9-bag fiasco that left me stumbling up the steps to my door way. I don't know why, but the super-clearence hardwood floor mops we're entirely too big for the CVS bags they gave me. I had to buy 3 to even save the $.60 - Rude.

I've developed this love/hate relationship with CVS. I generally go there twice a month with an intent to buy one or two things and leave with sale products that I have no absolutely no use for. 

I stood in the check out line last night and the kid behind the counter evaluated my purchases. 

"Looks like a fun night to me," she said, braces and all. 

I looked at the counter: Sharpie markers, a bottle of wine, a bag of CVS pretzels, a flash drive, four greeting cards and a box of hair color. 

"Nope," I responded, half confused, myself. "Just another blog."

No comments:

Post a Comment