Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Aha!

For everything we do, there is a reason. 

We buy Meijer pasta salad then transfer it into a pretty bowl so our our mothers - who have never bought a pre-made, out-of-the-case salad in 60 years -  will think we slaved all morning on the side dish. 

We set our alarm an hour early, and title it, "DEVOTIONS, DISHES, GET 2 WORK EARLY!!!!" for motivation, then hit snooze five times because said motivation is no where to be found.



We back date our checks by two days so the person processing the payment thinks the US post office is the reason why our payment is two days late, not our poor planning. 
Wait. 
Is that just me?

In June I received an email from a gal who works for the media company that produces Mutual of Omaha's Aha Moments. She also enjoys Jean's Boots Are Made For Talking every week.

The gal asked me if I'd share my own Aha Moment when the Airstream visited Indianapolis later in the summer. I agreed, then racked my brain for a week trying to think about the moment that it all came together for me. Frankly, I feel like it's still coming together. I stewed and talked to friends and family about it. Then someone phrased the question this way: What is the reason why you do what you do?

Stated that way, it was easy. 

I put myself on a deadline every single week, without pay or promise that any more than one person will read this blog, because of a woman in California I've never met in my life. She is my Aha Moment:




Thanks for reading Jean's Boots. 
I hope you have a reason to come back every week. 
And for the record, the only reason I check voicemail is to get that little annoying red "1" off the bottom of my iPhone screen. 


What's your Aha Moment?

3 comments:

  1. Lindsay,
    Don't think your the only that can't stand that annoying red bubble that won't go away until you check your email, missed phone, voicemail, or whatever it might be. I also am one that looks forward to you weekly blogs knowing that much of what goes on in your life happens in mine. I also love that I'm not the only one that have funny things written for my several different alarms in the morning. I just wanted to say thanks for writing your blogs and being there for my weekly dose of inspiration. Can't wait to read next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much! I'm glad we can "connect" this way every week, if only for a few minutes. I appreciate you reading. I also appreciate that you utilize the morning alarms like I do :) Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i read your blog religiously as well and you can add me to what i know is a long list of people who may not leave a comment but are positively affected by your heartfelt words. keep up the wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete